BTB seeks a highly engaged, motivated and driven Senior Lead Developer in our Software and Architecture division. The purpose of this role is to translate the business growth, automation and customer experience outcomes in to stable, efficient and secure information systems that support the business.
A unique opportunity exists for an experienced and qualified Senior Lead Developer to closely work with our onshore and offshore development teams in developing, testing, and deploying technology and software for the business.
Reporting directly to the CTO, the successful candidate is a key role required to meet the business transformation and growth goals.
This role has responsibility for managing the day-to-day activities of development and support team in accordance with agreed SLA's and project schedules.
As Senior Lead Developer you will be expected to provide leadership from a technical perspective to a distributed team in Melbourne, Brisbane and Vietnam.
- Provide leadership, vision and appropriate guidance, training and development to the team to enable performance at the highest level, in a highly engaged environment, enabling the delivery of business strategies, and personal goals.
- Lead and manage the Software Development (SD) team to ensure software is delivered in a timely and cost-effective manner whilst ensuring asset quality and stability of service.
- Support legacy systems and enhance systems where applicable to ensure the systems run 24/7 with an uptime of 99.999%.
- Provide all necessary support (i.e. to identify, report and mitigate risks) to ensure BTB meets its risk, compliance, audit and reporting requirements.
- Collaboratively engage with the BTB teams to coordinate the movement of software releases between environments in accordance with internal policies.
- Enforce the agreed development disciplines/standards and ensure compliance with the appropriate processes and procedures of the broader BTB team; constructively challenging these where continuous improvement opportunities exist.
- Clarify requirements and coordinate software development and delivery time lines are in line with business needs.
- Maintain and support development tools within domain, aligned to BTB's development tools.
Why work for BTB?
- This transformational role is key to BTB's short, medium and long term goals around customer experience, automation, efficiency and integrity.
- Working as part of the development team you will be central to building, growing and driving BTB's strategic goals.
- Excellent remuneration package for the right person.
- A fun, open and diverse workplace that values employees and their families.
- Programming and development experience (High).
- Technical expertise across a varied range of new and old technologies (High).
Tertiary qualification in Information technology, engineering computer science or equivalent experience (required).
Experience & Skills
- API development, management and integration with upstream and downstream suppliers and customers (essential).
- Broad experience in infrastructure management, planning, deployment and security principles (essential).
- Cloud based architecture experience (essential).
- Demonstrable outside the box thinking and problem solving (essential).